Total Battery carries a wide range of Deep-cycle batteries from the worlds top deep-cycle manufacturers.
A deep-cycle battery is designed to be regularly deeply discharged using most of its capacity. Deep-cycle batteries generally fall into several categories; flooded lead-acid (FLA), valve-regulated lead-acid, absorbed glass mat (AGM), gel and lithium ion.
Some common applications include:
- Cathodic protection, which might include marine use
- Other marine use, especially on a sailboat lacking power generation capability, generally smaller vessels
- Trolling motors for recreational fishing boats
- Industrial forklifts and floor sweepers
- Motorized wheelchairs
- Off-grid energy storage systems for solar power or wind power
- Power for instruments or equipment at remote sites
- Recreational vehicles
- Golf carts & other electric vehicles
- Traffic signals
- Uninterruptible power supply (‘UPS’)
- Audio equipment