Firefly’s revolutionary battery technology was born in the Research and Development laboratories of Caterpillar, Inc., a world-renowned manufacturer of heavy equipment.
Caterpillar faced a very high failure rate of batteries fitted in their equipment mainly due to extreme climates and prolonged periods of disuse, especially during winters.
Their R&D wing, after considerable research, came up with the patented MicrocellTM Carbon Foam technology which is today being used in the batteries manufactured by Firefly.
Firefly’s “Oasis” CARBON FOAM battery delivers the best in class performance compared to conventional Lead Acid and premium batteries:
Developed by scientists at Firefly Energy, Microcell Carbon Foam is a material that’s revolutionizing the battery industry. Compared to lead plates, one of the main components of all lead acid batteries, carbon foam delivers longer service life, increased energy efficiency and better performance under extreme conditions. That’s why we used it to create our revolutionary Firefly MCF battery.
Firefly carbon foam design resists sulfation and corrosion (two of the primary causes of failure in lead acid batteries), while dramatically increasing the surface area within the battery, resulting in greater energy capacity, faster recharges,and deeper discharge capability.
CARBON FOAM AGM VS LEAD AGM
- More than four times cycle life compared to flooded, gel or AGM batteries at 50% DOD
- Beats other premium batteries – longer life even under Partial State Of Charge (PSOC)
- True high performance at a fraction of the cost of “Premium” batteries
- Lower cost per KWh delivered compared to “Premium” batteries
- Unmatched Partial State Of Charge (PSOC) operating life
- Through put efficiency greater than 90%
- Improved high/low temperature performance
- Available Battery Energy Management System (BEMS)
- Instantaneous Power (2 hours and faster run time)
- Fast recharge capability
- Recovery to full capacity after off-season storage
- Excellent cold temperature capacity utilization
|L16-2V900AH-4V450AH||Firefly L16 2V / 4V|